FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WPTA21) – The Indiana Department of Health reports 581 new positive cases of COVID-19 Wednesday and 38 additional deaths.
Indiana’s total positive cases increased to 29,274 and the death toll increased to 1,716.
A total of 195,738 tests have been conducted so far, and of those tests, 15 percent returned a positive result.
Allen County reported its second-highest daily positive case count at 53 cases.
Allen County’s health department reports 1,044 total positive COVID-19 cases and 65 deaths.
At noon each day, the Indiana State Department of Health will release the latest batch of data.
Hoosiers who have symptoms of COVID-19 and those who have been exposed and need a test to return to work are encouraged to visit a state-sponsored testing site for free testing.
Individuals without symptoms who are at high risk because they are over age 65, have diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure or another underlying condition, as well as those who are pregnant, live with a high-risk individual or are a member of a minority population that’s at greater risk for severe illness, also are encouraged to get tested.
There are several coronavirus testing sites located in Allen County now. Click here to find a testing site near you.
- Click here for the latest CDC novel coronavirus resources and links.
- Track the COVID-19 globally using this map tracker here.
- You can view the latest Indiana COVID-19 numbers here.
- Track Ohio’s coronavirus numbers here.
- Need to get tested? Click here to find a testing site near you.
- You can catch up on the latest ABC21 coronavirus coverage here.
- Sign up here for the latest local, state and national news regarding COVID-19.
- Click here to sign up for ABC21 News and Weather Alerts